Amazon

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Our First Step Together Towrads Love !



“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson


Leaving my family and friends behind I reached Bangaluru on 12th aug with my husband. Our cab came half an hour later. Meanwhile, I was trying to understand this new southern part of India which will be from now onwards my home for God knows how many days/year?! I found only one familiar face in the crowd and that was of my husband and that one face was enough for me to start a new life among these unknown faces. 


After almost one and the half hour we reached home. I loved it. It’s a 2BHK flat which I think is quite big for just two people. Our campus has nice green garden, swimming pool, modern gym, yoga center, and a park for children and a library. I am living here since last one month and unlike Kolkata here I don’t know who my neighbors are. Being an introvert, I like it this way. I never really liked those nosey curious neighbors in Kolkata. Here I am free to live my life in my own way. Nobody has time to judge my silence here. My silence is my business. 


One day after our arrival we left for our honeymoon. Our dream destination was Goa. Goa is just 556km from Bangalore. Young boys and girls prefer road journey as the road is very nice and romantic and it takes only around 8 hrs to reach Goa. Unfortunately we didn’t have much time in our hand so we decided to board flight. Our cab arrived at 9 am and it took almost 2hrs to reach Bangaluru Airport.


Bangaluru airport is really far away from the main city. On the way to airport we didn’t talk to each other. Firstly because we had cold war previous night and secondly my man was much tensed about almost everything from roads to our arrival at Goa safely. I wonder is it normal to fight before your honeymoon? Or we are the only one?


Our airline “Indigo” was on time (2pm). We didn’t get much time to waste on Airport. We reached Goa before time at around 3pm and our hotel coach was waiting for us. Our hotel guide informed us that it will take 1 hr 10 mins to reach hotel. We didn’t eat anything since morning except coffee. So we started feeling damn hungry. We felt like we might eat up anything or anyone. We started talking again with each other. Although looking at my husband’s tensed face I kept my mouth shut most of the time. 


This time his tension was my hunger. He just can’t see me in any kind of discomfort. So he wanted to order food for us as soon as we reach hotel after completing all the formalities which we thought would take another 1 hour. Roadside view was just too awesome but unfortunately we were in hurry to reach hotel and so couldn’t enjoy it. 


When our coach stopped at Vivanta by Taj Fort Aguada it brought smile and relieve on our faces which soon disappeared when we found out that our luggage had been misplaced by the hotel people. I was okay with that but my husband become more tensed which meant I would have to keep my mouth shut until we get our luggage. We could neither enjoy food nor beautiful sea view from our hotel until we got our luggage. Thankfully we got our luggage after 20 mins and we then ran towards nearby restaurant to have our breakfast /lunch/ dinner at around 4:30 pm. I had pasta and my husband had chicken biryani. 


Our hotel was at awesome location. It was far from the crowd. Fort Aguada is in North Goa. Goa is a place for youngsters or for those who think they are still young enough to enjoy life. 


My husband booked room in a five star hotel called Vivanta by Taj, Fort Aguada to make our honeymoon more special and memorable. Fort Aguada was a Portuguese fort in the 17th century. The land around the fort is now owned by the Tata where our hotel was situated.  The fort was built to protect Goa from Marathas and the Dutch. It also served as map for vessels coming from Europe.  Aguada meaning “water” used to supply water to these ships. From there Aguada got its official name. I got to know all these from wikipedia.


Other than living a luxurious life in fort Aguada we also visited few other beaches like Calngute , Baga , Vagatore, Anjuna, Dona Paula and a chapora fort. We couldn’t take pictures of these places because of rain. And we left few places firstly because it wasn’t possible to visit and really enjoy all the places in just 2 days and secondly because we want to leave few places for our second trip. 


The best time to visit Goa for those who love parties, crowd and adventures is from Dec to Feb and those who want to enjoy sea and green surroundings should plan their visit during monsoon. I would suggest you to enjoy both the sides of Goa. It would be a life time experience for you. Goa is like Las Vegas of India. 


I was feeling really very sad the day before we came back. Our honeymoon was getting over and I knew this two days were the best days of my life despite our fights and differences. After 25 years (if I am alive or I will think about it from heaven/hell) when I ll look back I might not remember the money we spent on our honeymoon, the expensive dresses I wore to look good, the food we ate at five star hotel , our fights but I would remember my husband’s lovely young and honest face. I would remember his care and most importantly I would remember his love for me!





P.S : Dear Hubby , I love you !

Adding some pictures of Goa clicked by my hubby : 

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada

@ Dona Paula

Sunset @ Dona Paula Beach also known as Lover's paradise

View from the Candaloim Fort


My Hubby enjoying the view @ Candolim fort

Vivanta By Taj Fort Aguada
 Where did you go on your honeymoon ? Share the most memorable moment or any incident with us in the comment section.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place for a honeymoon. Doesn't look like you got much sunshine; but I'm sure you brought your own sunshine with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It was cloudy there but I had my sunshine with me :-D :) Thank you so much for reading :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, everything looks so beautiful and stylish. In years to come you will look back with very fond memories. You'll only remember the cost if you got yourself into debt but by then, you'll be laughing at it all. I wish you both a happy and prosperous life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ....Thank you so much for your wishes :)

      Delete